Stop calling it Seven

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Josh the Nerd, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Josh the Nerd

Josh the Nerd New Member

The working name for the next version of Windows is Windows 7. It's starting to annoy me when people call it Windows Seven, Windows "Seven", Seven, "Seven", Windows "7", 7, "7", Windows Codename 7, etc.

2. Matt

Matt Senior Member

heh, I it does make it a bit more confusing, as nobody is calling Windows Vista "Longhorn" anymore.

Perhaps people will stop calling it Windows Seven and Windows Vienna once Microsoft starts to confirm stuff about Windows 7, though that will probably not for a while.

3. Chaoswarrior

Chaoswarrior New Member

windows 7 is the codename and so far we don't know the real name so we have to call it like that,and microsoft calls it internally windows 7,if it bothers you so much get a job at microsoft and make information leaks for us,so maybe well know the real name then...

4. Josh the Nerd

Josh the Nerd New Member

No, I'm okay with the Windows 7 name. It's the incorrect variations of the name that bother me.

5. Matt

Matt Senior Member

It seems like Windows 7 and Windows Seven are the official code names though.

http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/windows_7.asp

But people need to stop calling it Windows Vienna, that's no longer the name.

Chaoswarrior: that would be cool if one of us could get a job and then start to leak info here. :p

6. Chaoswarrior

Chaoswarrior New Member

Even screens...