Stop The Password Log On

Here's the problem. I have Windows 7 64 bit desktop. I did fix where I didn't have to type my password at the startup, but, after the computer is silent for about 5 minutes or longer, there's this request (small box) to type in my password..again. Is there a way to fix this one also like it did the Windows log on?

Elmer

Extraordinary Member
Sounds like your PC is going to "sleep" and it's set to request a password when rewoken.

You can change the setting through the power options (in icon view) >> current power plan you are using>> advanced settings. in the Control Panel.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input on how to stop the process for a password, Elmer. In control panel under power options, I couldn't locate where a box to unchecked, but, I did find that the settings for sleep was at 5 minutes. I changed it to 30 minutes and see that solves the problem.

Elmer

Extraordinary Member
If you expand the top option when in the advanced settings, which should be named the same as the power option you are using (e.g. Balanced), under that there is a "Require password on wake up" option. It's a straight yes, or no.

HTH!

Last edited:
This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.