stopping the unwanted processes and services

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by yogece, Oct 6, 2014.

1. yogece

yogece Member

I am using windows 7 service pack 1 32-bit OS and it has many software’s such as NI LabView, TINA, Code composer studio, etc., during the normal usage the memory usage of the system is around 70% if I open a browser it reaches up to 95% and most of the system memory is getting occupied by the unused processes and the services of the above mentioned software’s. Is there any way to stop them to free the memory without uninstalling them. Even I have tried with Norton tune up utilities 2014.

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

3. whs

whs Extraordinary Member

Are you sure those processes that are not running are really using RAM - that would be unusual. I would first study the situation in the Resource Monitor > Memory tab. You can end the processes (during that session) right there. Right click on the process.

4. yogece

yogece Member

i used to stop the process as you suggested but some of the process get restarted even after terminating them

5. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

Did you follow the instructions in the link? Just stopping them doesn't stop them from restarting. You need to click the arrow tab and select disable. It's very clear in option 1 of that tutorial.

6. Pauli

Pauli Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

To use one term, You need to kill them. Like bassfisher states, stopping them isn't enough. In case of a bad one, uninstall it, perhaps using Revo uninstaller that also checks the registry, and then reinstall and be careful with the settings.

7. wilhelm1

wilhelm1 Well-Known Member

While you are talking about getting rid of something or killing it, Does "Trovi" fall in that category? How do I get rid of it???

8. davidhk129

davidhk129 Senior Member

Trovi is a browser hijacker. Not the same subject they are discussing.

Please start a new thread and I'll come along to help you.