Windows 7 stopping the unwanted processes and services

yogece

I am using windows 7 service pack 1 32-bit OS and it has many software’s such as NI LabView, TINA, Code composer studio, etc., during the normal usage the memory usage of the system is around 70% if I open a browser it reaches up to 95% and most of the system memory is getting occupied by the unused processes and the services of the above mentioned software’s. Is there any way to stop them to free the memory without uninstalling them. Even I have tried with Norton tune up utilities 2014.

Are you sure those processes that are not running are really using RAM - that would be unusual. I would first study the situation in the Resource Monitor > Memory tab. You can end the processes (during that session) right there. Right click on the process.

Are you sure those processes that are not running are really using RAM - that would be unusual. I would first study the situation in the Resource Monitor > Memory tab. You can end the processes (during that session) right there. Right click on the process.
i used to stop the process as you suggested but some of the process get restarted even after terminating them

Did you follow the instructions in the link? Just stopping them doesn't stop them from restarting. You need to click the arrow tab and select disable. It's very clear in option 1 of that tutorial.

To use one term, You need to kill them. Like bassfisher states, stopping them isn't enough. In case of a bad one, uninstall it, perhaps using Revo uninstaller that also checks the registry, and then reinstall and be careful with the settings.

While you are talking about getting rid of something or killing it, Does "Trovi" fall in that category? How do I get rid of it???

While you are talking about getting rid of something or killing it, Does "Trovi" fall in that category? How do I get rid of it???

Trovi is a browser hijacker. Not the same subject they are discussing.

Please start a new thread and I'll come along to help you.

Back