Windows 7 STRANGE Window 7 video and Aero Effects lag!

junwolf

I'm having issues with windows 7 that have come out of nowhere! Windows 7 works great with no lags or issues until I watch a video for more than 5 minutes. It can be on youtube or on a media player. After about 5 minutes the video becomes choppy and the windows aero effects begin to lag.

If the video is put in a smaller resolution it works fine, but when in full screen or a bigger size it's choppy. My PC is up to date with nothing out of date. It has more than enough power to run fast and efficient.

I've tried many things to fix this, but nothing works. I've even updated my drivers. Nothing seems to work. Is there anyone that has experienced this that can help me out? I've looked though these forums but have not seen anything that could help. if anyone could give me any tips, it will GREATLY appreciated!

My system specs are:
-HP
-AMD Phenom (tm) II X4 820 Processor 2.80 GHz
-RAM 8GB
-NVIDIA GeForce 9100
-Windows 7 64 bit

Last edited:
Hi.

Install the latest 10.1 version of Flash, specific to the browser you are using.

Adobe - Adobe Flash Player

I'm sure it's only a typo you have there (referring to the 1900), but you can find the latest NVIDIA driver for your card here, if you installed from anywhere else:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hi.

Install the latest 10.1 version of Flash, specific to the browser you are using.

Adobe - Adobe Flash Player

I'm sure it's only a typo you have there (referring to the 1900), but you can find the latest NVIDIA driver for your card here, if you installed from anywhere else:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

oh yeah, haha sorry, its 9100. ive already installed the latest updates. And the flash player wouldn't be responsible for this lag either. This is more of an OS issue from what it seems like. Maybe I installed something that is making it conflict with the drivers.

Well, we can look at things.

Type msinfo32 in the start menu then hit enter. File | save on the screen that opens. Zip the saved file and attach to a post using the paperclip above where you type, in advanced mode reply.

Back