Windows 7 Striking the same key is now fubared.

trog69

Fantastic Member
While gaming last night, I got very tired, and it seems that when the message popped up asking if I wanted to use the alternate function when striking the same key multiple times, I accidentally hit yes. I can tell because I have to wait to enter the same key twice now, and I have to wait to use the Back key more than once as well.

D'oh! How do I undo this? Thanks for any help.

Please disregard. After drinking from my coffee cup, I realized that under Accessories and then "Ease of Access" I found the toggle for that issue.

Last edited:
Please disregard. After drinking from my coffee cup, I realized that under Accessories and then "Ease of Access" I found the toggle for that issue.
That's what I was going to suggest but I am glad you discovered it first before doing something drastic. But more importantly, thanks for coming back and sharing how you fixed it, rather than not returning, or simply saying it's fixed. Now others have an opportunity to learn from your screw up... err... I mean from your cranial flatulence... err... I mean from your experiences - the very purpose of forums! ;) :)

I try to alway return and report on successful or not updates. I hate when someone has an issue I'm interested in, see the suggestions and wait to hear if they worked, and...nothing. GAAAAAAA!

I also like to come back and give my appreciation for the help. It looks to me like some people think that other people just sit in forums, getting paid to suggest solutions or something. hehehe. I always appreciate the help from others. Helping each other should be SOP, not something rare.

I try to alway return and report on successful or not updates. I hate when someone has an issue I'm interested in, see the suggestions and wait to hear if they worked, and...nothing. GAAAAAAA!
And that is why not posting a final follow-up with the solution that worked is considered "poor forum etiquette" - a nice way of saying, "rude".

Back