Windows 7 stuck please help!!

byebyevista

Hi i have been attempting a clean install of win 7 since yesterday i do not want to upgrade i want a new start, but i keep running into the same problem over and over again. I set my bios to boot from cd-rom first and after i press any key to boot from cd/dvd it says loading files etc. Then after the starting windows dialogue appears (with the rather snazzy win 7 boot logo) it just comes to the blue screen and does not progress any further. I have tried numerous times and it always gets stuck there.

Is there anything i can do??

edit: sorry in my haste i did not check other posts just found one saying to wait, a while. How long a while is i dunno lol but i will keep trying and edit my post if all is succesful sorry for cluttering up the forum :S

Last edited:
Hi byebye,
are you saying that the system blue screens when you try and install 7?...

What system are you running?

How are you trying to install and with what type of software? If you downloaded, you might have a bad copy or if you burned it, there may have been a bad burn.

Once you get the original problem fixed:

You can do a basic "clean" install if you use the custom install and tell it which partition to install on. The prior OS will not be used, but your data will be preserved and files on the new install. If you try wiping the drive first, you may invalidate any upgrade software and have to start over.

Back