Stuttery/Jittery Audio

I have just installed the 7 beta on my HP NX9600 and I am having some audio problems. All of the audio sounds jittery/stuttery. I am wondering if it may be a driver problem. I have tried downloading the latest drivers from Windows Update, however the installation fails. Also the installation of the drivers from HP fail.

Any suggestions would be appriciated.

TIA,
Brennan

That sounds like a driver problem for sure.. What I would suggest is seeking out the latest Windows Vista Drivers for your audio hardware and installing those ;).. that should make a difference (in a good way).. And remember if your using the 64 bit Win 7 try to find the latest 64 bit version. If this doesn't work than you may just have to wait until there is a Windows 7 driver released for your audio hardware.. unfortunately..

If that doesn't work though you should post a screen of the error you get when trying to install. ;)

HP doesnt seem to have Vista drivers, which driver site would you suggest to get vista drivers. The audio card is a Conexant AC-97.

I don't really know any sites to suggest as HP and Vista drivers don't really go together that well and are almost non existant from what I hear.. I've tried searching for something that might work for ya but I'm not having much luck.. I'll keep lookin though and report back if I can find any..

Curious, did you try just using the Windows XP drivers?

There is a message that comes up that says installation failed with the XP drivers. I had the Vista RC and everything worked just fine, so this is confusing me. I have just reinstalled, because I think I may have messed something up.

Update: I reinstalled the beta, and was able to install the latest XP drivers from HP. This yielded no improvement. On Softpedia I found Vista drivers for the AC-97 (Download Conexant AC97 Audio Driver 6.14.10.559 Driver for Windows Vista - Softpedia) This yielded a failed installation.

Last edited:
This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.