Windows 7 Sure Fire Way to Download SP1??

wilhelm1

I don 't understand why SP1 is made so difficult to get it done. Internet Explorer wants us to upgrade our
computers to IE 10 and IE 11. Yet they make it nearly impossible.

wilhelm1,
If you still remember me.....
It is not the SP1. It's your Toshiba Satellite.
Given the "history" of problems existing in your computer, ditch it and get a new one........ if it is financially feasible.

I don 't understand why SP1 is made so difficult to get it done. Internet Explorer wants us to upgrade our
computers to IE 10 and IE 11. Yet they make it nearly impossible.

wilhelm1,
It's the other way around......

You do NOT need IE10 or 11 in order to install Win 7 SP1.
You do need Win 7 SP1 installed before you can install IE10 or 11.

I strongly suggest that you forget about that Satellite laptop. Too much damage had been done.

No I just failed to put Win 7 in front of SP1. Sorry I am Bad.

As far as the Toshiba I agree. The only thing that might be wrong is the hard drive. Still wondering what that pop up window says.

RE : SP1.
Are we still talking about the same laptop ?
On the other thread, you said......
"Right now my laptop is running just okay, having a hell of a time trying to download SP! so that I can get my IE up to IE 10 and then IE11. There are things that are not working but it is useable."

The fact that you managed to complete the recovery is itself a miracle.

Now, since your laptop is back in action, more or less, there must be TRUCKLOADS of windows updates needed to be installed.
Have you done that ?
If you set Windows Update at Manual, check to make sure no more updates are awaiting to be installed?

SP1 is supposed to be offered to you through Windows Updates. UNLESS you have all the OTHER updates installed and your laptop is up-to-date, you won't get SP1 offered to you.

You could go to Microsoft download site and look for SP1. But it won't do you any good if your laptop is not fully updated.

There is no real urgency to install IE10 or 11, is there ?
Why don't you just be patient and wait for SP1 to be offered to you through Windows Update.

You are right Davey. Miracles do happen. If I had not been watching the screen very closely, that little pop up would have been missed and I would have been pizzed. Yes, sometimes good things do come along to he who waits. Come on Updates with Win7 SP1, I am rooting for ya.

Yes, I waited for updates to show up. Right now I have 6 updates that will not install. They are Microsoft Office 2007 related,
the computer says they are important. They are KB2760585 591 and411 the other three are KB2767849 2597973 and 2878233.
Right now when I go to check for updates these 6 are sitting there. Until I get rid of those, there will be no new updates to show up correct? Since they did on install, how can I get rid of them?

I have hidden the 6 and when I checked updates, there was one for MS Office 2007 and it too failed, so I hid it also.

Yes, before I knew there was a problem installing other updates for it. I did not actually intensionally install it, it could have been installed with the drivers, what do I know? Not much. But I am learning

Last edited:
Okay, let me ask a question. When I check for updates and repeatedly it comes back non-available, when will Win 7 Sp1 show up
and why hasn't shown up so far??? So that I can update my computer to IE 10 or IE 11.

Once I down load that download, I get asked which download do I want, there are 5 choices not sure which one I need. Have been there before and tried most of them without any luck????

There are more that 5 choices.
Use the scrollbar at the right, go all the way to the bottom.
The one you need ..........
windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe 903.2 MB

It is now 1 am and I finally have Win7 SP1 downloaded and installed. I also installed IE 11. Damn the downloads are slow.
Thanks for your help Dave

Back