Sync from Azure AD to Active Directory On Premise

jorfernand

Hi everyone
We have an Office 365 tenant (for education) , with an 20,000 accounts (approximate), we want to send all these accounts with their passwords, to an active directory (Windows Server 2016), but we do not know how.
If it were the other way around, we would use Azure AD Conect, but I see that doing so is impossible.
Could someone please give me some idea?
Thank you so much

There used to be DirSync but thats been deprecated in favor of AAD Connect which as you mentioned only syncs on-prem to Azure. I don't think there is any easy way to do the reverse. You may have to export all of your AD objects and import them into your on-prem system.

There used to be DirSync but thats been deprecated in favor of AAD Connect which as you mentioned only syncs on-prem to Azure. I don't think there is any easy way to do the reverse. You may have to export all of your AD objects and import them into your on-prem system.
Thank you for responding, that is exactly the problem, there is no way to perform that synchronization.
On the other hand, how could I do to create the same Azure users to the Active Directory, but with their same passwords?

It's not possible. You'd need to import all the users with a default password and have them reset it on the first login. Then AAD Connection will replicate the password up.

Back
Top Bottom