System crash when watching youtube videos

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by anselmoso, Jan 19, 2009.

1. anselmoso

anselmoso New Member

Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 with a HP Compaq 6715s notebook without problems except one: when watching youtube videos with Firefox 3, Windows 7 crashed now 4 times since I installed the beta (about 2 weeks). The screen then turns black and I have to shutdown the notebook manually with the power switch.

My GPU is a ATI Mobility Radeon X1250 and I haven't installed any extra graphics drivers, using the graphics drivers Windows 7 provides. CPU AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56, 2 GIG Ram, 160 GIG internal hard drive, WLAN activated when watching online.

Do you guys know how I could handle this problem?

#1 anselmoso, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. anselmoso

anselmoso New Member

*bump*

3. BlackWolf

BlackWolf New Member

what happens if you watch a local video in windows media player or vlc?

4. anselmoso

anselmoso New Member

This problem only occurs when watching flash videos online. Watching local vids doesn't bring up any problems.
    On my desktop PC I have the same problem, also only when watching flash movs on youtube and so. But there windows doesn't crash completely but the "graphics driver crashes"...the screen turns black for 1 or 2 seconds, the fullscreen playback is closed and a popup comes up in the taskbar telling me that the graphics driver just crashed...
    so I think it has something to do with the ATI driver provided by Windows 7 update for my ATI XPress 1250. I now installed the latest Vista graphics driver from my notebook manufacturer (HP)....it's older than the one provided by Windows 7 but let's see if that changes the situation...

5. loathe

loathe New Member

does the same thing happen with ie8? or is it just firefox? those drivers windows update gives you are crap use the latest ones from their website

6. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

When you installed, did you perform a clean install or do an upgrade?