Windows 7 System Restore - unspecified error 0xc0000022

loafty

Honorable Member
when I go and do a System restore at the end comes up saying System restore was not successful, unspecified error 0xc0000022. So then I went and tried to do System Restore in safe mode BUT got the same result. So I went and run sfc/scannow and that came but with no errors so I did a error check on C drive and also went to Services.mcs then to Volume Shadow Copy and disabled that and went to c drive- windows-Software Distrubution folder and delete all that was in there and then went back and put Volume Shadow Copy on to Automatic. I then tried to do a System Restore and again it came up with not successful, unspecified error 0xc0000022. Can anyone please HELP me and tell me what I can do to fix this issue I am having as it has me beat. Thank You

I do not have an answer for you except posting my experience on this trouble.
I also had system restore failures ( 2 separate times ). I don't remember the error codes.
I checked everything like you did as well as running malwarebytes to check for viruses.
I ended up reinstalling win 7.
After that, I make sure I do system image backup weekly to an external hard drive. If anything goes wrong, I will use the image backup to restore the system.

Firstly open a command Prompt as Admin, & Go to the Start button > All Programs> Accessories, Right click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Admin, type sfc/scannow and hit enter, see if it goes away, if not do a clean boot and see if it goes away, if it does then you can enable hardware and find the problem

I do not have an answer for you except posting my experience on this trouble.
I also had system restore failures ( 2 separate times ). I don't remember the error codes.
I checked everything like you did as well as running malwarebytes to check for viruses.
I ended up reinstalling win 7.
After that, I make sure I do system image backup weekly to an external hard drive. If anything goes wrong, I will use the image backup to restore the system.
yeh but I am really hoping someone out there will know how to fix this problem I HOPE

Back