Windows 7 Task switching w/o requests.

MrMoon

Hello all:

My W7 started to switching tasks without being requested to do so.

It happens by it's own, no action required whatsoever. Now I might be writing here, next char I type might en up in my MSN chat window which was minimized.

At first I thought it was related to a key o keys combination but it might happen even when no user input is active.

Any toughts?

Cheers.

Hello ad welcome to the windows7forums.

Does this only occur when you're tying something,. such as posting here?

If so,. I have the same problem:confused:

The only thing I could think of is sometime when I am typing, I will hit keys by mistake or two keys together or Tab instead of Caps Lock or something similar and the focus jumps around.

I had to doable Cap lock altogether as I was always hitting it, then looked up at the post and it was in capitals

Hello ad welcome to the windows7forums.

Does this only occur when you're tying something,. such as posting here?

If so,. I have the same problem:confused:

As I said on my post, I also believed it was some sort of keyboard error or myself but if I wait long enough it will switch to some other program without any user input.

I would first replace the keyboard to make sure that is not the problem.

Then you can watch paint dry by watching the processes and see if something specific is kicking around in Processes.

unfortunately, this won't be easy to track down. It could be just about anything from faulty driver to spyware/malware to bad hardware.
I do not have this problem on any of my systems. However, I have seen this before, and it is a pain to figure out.

I think it's potable the keyboard in my case.

The keys are so small, they look like laptop keys.

I had to replace It when my ocher one stating typing wrong letteres when you hit a key:rolleyes:

Back