Windows 7 The Price is not Right

NeuromancerCT

Microsoft.

I have enjoyed using the Windows 7 RC.
I was emailed an offer to upgrade to Windows 7.
The email says the discount price because I have been testing the release candidate, is $99 for Pro.
When I click on the link the price says $199.
What is up with the bait and switch tactic Microsoft?
Are you trying to rip us off after doing the beta test work for your company?
I want to pre-order Windows 7 Pro ASAP but not at $199.

NeuromancerCT

When did you receive the email?

The discounted upgrades (Home Premium, Pro) were available at the Microsoft store from June 26 to July 11. The deal was billed as a reward to the public beta testers, but it wasn't limited to us.

The discounted pre-orders were also available from third parties (Amazon, Best Buy, NewEgg, etc.). I doubt that the deal still exists with any of them, either. (Costco has the upgrades available for pre-order at a whopping $5 discount.)

I suppose that OEM system builder licenses will be available at some time, like for XP or Vista, but as far as I know, Microsoft hasn't announced price or availability.

I can see your point NeuromancerCT but in all fairness, Microsoft didn't force you to Beta test their software.. ;)

I think the price is BS. I believe that the price point should 100 for the ultimate and less. As far I can see that I dont seem to like the RC as much as the original build.

As far I can see that I dont seem to like the RC as much as the original build.

What does that even mean?? What is the "original build".. ;) The Beta? I agree the Beta was good but the RC is definitely better than the Beta was.. and the RTM is even better than that.. ;)

Back