Windows 7 Tips on using 7

Another Cool Feature included in Windows 7 and Vista is a more awesome looking alt tab type of program. Just hold the windows key and tab and you get a 3d alt tab type program switcher.
If your using set point and a multi function mouse set an easily accessed button to "document flip" and watch the eye-candy fly. Goodbye tabbed browsing!:cool:

Good article, very helpful for someone like me, did the VISTA thing for 2 weeks when it was release and went back to XP, so i'm not even on VISTA speed.

Quick tip to solve the icons disappearing from the desktop, for unused shortcuts or shortcuts to removable drives:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hope it's useful.

Hasn't windows always done this if you didn't keep the desktop cleanup wizard under control it should still have adjustable parameters,but on a side note everyone should really take the time to set up their jump lists it takes a little thinking and another folder for "desktop" shortcuts and then pin that to explorer but once it's done after about three days it's terrific to have a CLEAR desktop the only icons onmine now are a couple of tar archives i'm filling up as i go when i'm done i'll file them away and have a clear desktop again.Like the top of a real desk i dont leave every book i might use today on my desk those go on a nearby shelf or drawer, it takes a little getting used to but after a day or two you start to see that there is no going back. All hail the windows seven jump list!

1. Problem Steps Recorder
As the local PC guru you’re probably very used to friends and family asking for help with their computer problems, yet having no idea how to clearly describe what’s going on. It’s frustrating, but Microsoft feels your pain, and Windows 7 will include an excellent new solution in the Problem Steps Recorder.
When any app starts misbehaving under Windows 7 then all your friends need do is click Start, type PSR and press Enter, then click Start Record. If they then work through whatever they’re doing then the Problem Steps Recorder will record every click and keypress, take screen grabs, and package everything up into a single zipped MHTML file when they’re finished, ready for emailing to you. It’s quick, easy and effective, and will save you hours of troubleshooting time.
More 50 Tips ANd Tricks Link Removed - Invalid URL

77 Window 7 Tips

Windows 7 may be Microsoft’s most anticipated product ever. It builds on Windows Vista’s positives, and eliminates many of that OS’s negatives. It adds new functionality, tooâ€â€￾all in a package that is less resource-hungry than its predecessor.
And whether or not you're upgrading from Vista or skipping it altogether and moving up from Windows XP, you'll need to know how to make the most of it in your environment. Here are 77 tips and tricks to get you there...

Windows 7: 77 Windows 7 Tips

Another Cool Feature included in Windows 7 and Vista is a more awesome looking alt tab type of program. Just hold the windows key and tab and you get a 3d alt tab type program switcher.

That has been around before there was any winkey... it was alt+ tab.... which still works ....

and alt+ F4 kills the application in the foreground.

Here's some screenshots of each key variation...

That little box in the alt+Tab shot appears in the centre of the screen (as I'm sure your aware) but as I had to keep my finger on the alt key, to keep it there while I pressed the screenshot button, only the box will appear in the screenshot.
Handy tip if you don't want to capture your whole desktop but just whats inside the window.. ;)

Last edited:
I've done it the old way so long the new way looks confusing.... I guess it still rotates through them with each press of the tab key.

I lost my mouse over thing with aero.. when it worked I could just point to a window in my taskbar then to the larger window that opened up... and it would show a full screen snapshot. I think these new graphics driver hav messed that up... it also messed up the aero peek.

Something for those new to Windows 7. A quick run through of some of the features and some little tricks.

I recommend the first tip to anyone requesting help on the forum.

Last edited:
"Another Cool Feature included in Windows 7 and Vista is a more awesome looking alt tab type of program. Just hold the windows key and tab and you get a 3d alt tab type program switcher. "
Try the two keys together with the CTRl

Back