Windows 7 To Unblock SP1 if applied to the REGISTRY CLARIFICATION..

aggieoo7

I ran the SP1BLOCKER to the registry and want to unblock. Not sure if I interpreted
how to unblock. I merely changed the data to all zeroes that was a 1. Does that
take care of it ?

Should do. 1 is "On". 0 is "Off".

But why not just remove the registry entry if you no longer require it to block?

Should do. 1 is "On". 0 is "Off".

But why not just remove the registry entry if you no longer require it to block?
Per Mike yesterday I was told not to when I asked about deleting. However, he made
no mention of how best to handle. The article says /u and /b which is unclear.
I did see removing the 1 in data field but not sure that takes care. As for removing,
do you mean the line named Donotallowsp and type and data? Right now, I just
changed the data field to 0. Let me know. tks..

Yea, I did mean just that line.

However, by changing it to zero you have now disabled it. It will do absolutely no harm to leave it as is.
I just get anal about "spare" things in my registry!!

If you do decide to remove just backup (export) the whole registry key that it is a part of (good practice) just in case a slip of the finger, and a jump of the mouse and you've removed the wrong entry!!

Thanks Elmer for clearing up. I will leave it with a zero. Who knows maybe I too might want it back on?
BTW, I just backed up and reinstalled this system due to BSODS when coldstarted. After coldstarting,
I can dskchk /f and usually get it stay up without crashing. I suspect this mobo which I just got at XMAS.
The system I built using similar mobo required 3 mobos before I got out of the bsods. Note the same bios
psu,memory,and video card that worked in an identical system. Weird why after it warms up it becomes
stable. Any clues? Yes, and would you believe sp1 went in without a hitch. I guess I will have to go
for another mobo unless I discover it or just be ready for a repair after bsod which gets old.

You need an expert in computer hardware really. I am not he!!

However, after spending all my working life (so far) in engineering, I know things run better when warm or at optimum temperature. Rather than when cold. (Start a car on a winters morning). Every attempt at starting adds a bit of heat, until you get to the sweet spot where it says "Ah go on then, I'll work now". That's my very loose and totally inaccurate analogy. But it does me!

On your 4th Mobo?? Love to know the manufacturer / model. Just to steer clear!!

MSI and they have been good about sending me another reconditioned one. Hopefully, that's
the problem since the other ECLIPSE boots cold and works fine. BTW, that took a bunch
to get there though. Thanks and have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom