Windows 7 Toshiba Satellite c660

Hi,

I have a problem when i trying to install win7,After i boot and the screen "Windows is loading files" it get's stuck at the "Starting windows " screen even then microsoft logo didn't appear,I just let it about 1 hour with the hope for the process to continue but usless.

Thx

Attachments

• startingwindows7.jpg
    startingwindows7.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 809
Hard to say what could be wrong, but you might consider running a memory check.

Any info on your system, as far has its current condition, and your media might be helpful. Are you clean installing from a retail DVD or using something from the OEM?

I suppose one thing about the 64 bit version of windows is it is more critical of drivers for your devices. There may be something going on there. Did you run the Upgrade Advisor and get some result?

You appear to have two different size memory modules. If it has been running, they may be fine, but again x64 might need memory that is matched. There are others in the forum who would know more about this.

Since the install media hasn't been used before, maybe you need to obtain another copy of that.

The only thing the report mentions is the Toshiba Hardware setup utility. Is that something you can remove or update? A custom install will overwrite the entire 32 bit install, there is a link on the compatibility report to explain that process if you need it.

For some reason, the reports show 51 compatible programs in the 32 bit check and 52 in the 64 bit check...maybe just a glitch is the checking utility.

But my first suggestion would be to obtain a new version of the install media. If you burned it yourself, try burning at a slower speed.

After that I would probably try removing one of the memory modules, but again, this is strictly a guess. It still could be a driver for one of your devices.

Also, if you can disable anything in the Bios, like Bluetooth, you might try that.

Glad it worked out. I wasn't sure it would be the cause, but I figured you might be taking a performance hit anyway. I always try to get matched pairs for memory.

Back
Top Bottom