Windows 10 Touch Screen and Windows capacitive button not working

Hubert Graves

A recent driver update for windows 10 failed and my BestBuy unbranded tablet had limited functionality. I have now manage to restore most of its original functions. The windows button at bottom center does not work. The touchscreen does not function correctly. My research indicates that the touchsettings.gt file located in C:\windows\inf is the problem. The support website has only two blue tooth drivers. Does anyone have a fully functioning BestBuy unbranded Tablet that could provide me with the touchsetting.gt file? Thanks in advance.

Someone had to make it so it does have a brand, you need to figure that out to determine where to get drivers for it. If it's a "Best Buy" tablet it's probably their crappy brand Insignia. You're honestly better using an etch-a-sketch than their brand. Just my opinion.

If you can find a link to it on Best Buys site we might be able to figure out what drivers it needs.

Someone had to make it so it does have a brand, you need to figure that out to determine where to get drivers for it. If it's a "Best Buy" tablet it's probably their crappy brand Insignia. You're honestly better using an etch-a-sketch than their brand. Just my opinion.

If you can find a link to it on Best Buys site we might be able to figure out what drivers it needs.
There support website has only the Bluetooth drivers. The support email responds with a request for your zipcode so they can direct you to a local technician. The local Geek Squad will rebuild it for a fee, but it is not worth any more money.

Usually on Windows tablets you can power them off, turn it on and press and hold power + vol up or vol down to get to a recovery option.

Usually on Windows tablets you can power them off, turn it on and press and hold power + vol up or vol down to get to a recovery option.

I got into it and ran the repair tool. It found no problems with the tablet. Hopefully, someone has a functioning tablet and can send me the touchsettings.gt file from windows/inf directory.

Back
Top Bottom