Windows 10 Start button not working after update

gustavolema

Hi, i have recently power on my notebook after a week only to discover that start button and application toolbar is not responding, so i have to run programs using cmd R, i read that this is an issue with an update, how can i revert it? Im not able to uninstall updates or restoring from a point of time, i want to avoid restoring all the system, as it is my job computer and has lots of srtup for vpn and specific tools. Thanks in advance.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks, i cannot execute

dc0cd11736b3d1b63f6de1cfacb6771d.jpg

If the shellexperiencehost.exe process isn't running which is apparent from the error, then that is why the Start button doesn't work. It should always be running. You may have windows corruption.

You can try repairing Windows by running the following from an elevated command prompt.

• sfc /scannow
  • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
  • chkdsk /r

If the shellexperiencehost.exe process isn't running which is apparent from the error, then that is why the Start button doesn't work. It should always be running. You may have windows corruption.

You can try repairing Windows by running the following from an elevated command prompt.

• sfc /scannow
  • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
  • chkdsk /r

Thanks neemo, i will try this later

Back