Windows 10 Transfer data from one Windows Phone to another

jtpcamp

Extraordinary Member
I recently bought a new Win 10 Phone and am running the Insider Preview Slow ring on both. My old phone is a Nokia 1520 and the new phone is HP Elite X 3. I have moved everything to the new phone except the "call History" but can not find any way to do this on Google. How do I move the call History?

I have read that the call history is in a XML file. Where on the phone is it stored? If I can find it I can move it myself but don't know the storage location. Anyone? Hope its not a hidden file!

Thanks

Nokia 1520
this is a w8 phone... at least when it left the factory so I assume it backsup the call history to onedrive like all other Microsoft phones

p.s, did you get it from a shop... most Microsoft stores | phone places are very happy to do this for you

this is a w8 phone... at least when it left the factory so I assume it backsup the call history to onedrive like all other Microsoft phones

p.s, did you get it from a shop... most Microsoft stores | phone places are very happy to do this for you

No I did not get it with Win 8, It was a new phone bought "unlocked" from a online store With Win 10 pre-installed. Att store could not do this for me as I asked.

Ive had it long enough that I don't need to do this anymore.0

I recently bought a new Win 10 Phone and am running the Insider Preview Slow ring on both. My old phone is a Nokia 1520 and the new phone is HP Elite X 3. I have moved everything to the new phone except the "call History" but can not find any way to do this on Google. How do I move the call History?
How to Transfer Contacts from Windows Phone to Android

I have read that the call history is in a XML file. Where on the phone is it stored? If I can find it I can move it myself but don't know the storage location. Anyone? Hope its not a hidden file!

Thanks
Maybe it's a hidden file , if the "Share" button on your phone's Settings is open ,and you can't find them,obviously!

Last edited:

Thanks
Maybe it's a hidden file , if the "Share" button on your phone's Settings is open ,and you can't find them,obviously!
If they're not hidden files, you may not be able to find them on your phone, either ,some files cannot be found with the naked eye.
But they can be scanned or loaded by other tools , like this program : Mobile Phone to Phone Transfer | Copy Files between Different Phones

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom