Trying to install Windows 7 on a New Hard Drive and Intel Bad Axe 2 Motherboard...

Hi, guys.

I am trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on a computer with an Intel Bad Axe 2 motherboard and brand new, never used Western Digital 2TB (WD20EARS) hard drive. Problem is, I am getting a ton of errors; when I set the hard drive up with RAID I get array errors (and I will be unable to skip to the Windows installation or do anything other than go to the bios) and when I try to bypass that and get the hard drive working in other ways I will get to the Windows installation and then the drive will not be available to be selected. I am certain that the motherboard knows the drive is there because it shows up and is selectable in my bios, but seemingly nowhere else.

I took an old hard drive that I had lying around and installed it. It happened to have Windows 7 on it so I was able to get to the recovery/restore options, and yet when I rebooted to try to install a fresh copy of Windows on that drive it once again would not give me the option to do so.

Any ideas as to why that may be so and what I can do? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
I am a little confused. You say you only have one hard drive. You are trying to set that up in RAID?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.