Windows 7 Trying to install Windows 7 on a New Hard Drive and Intel Bad Axe 2 Motherboard...

tremblinglight

Hi, guys.

I am trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on a computer with an Intel Bad Axe 2 motherboard and brand new, never used Western Digital 2TB (WD20EARS) hard drive. Problem is, I am getting a ton of errors; when I set the hard drive up with RAID I get array errors (and I will be unable to skip to the Windows installation or do anything other than go to the bios) and when I try to bypass that and get the hard drive working in other ways I will get to the Windows installation and then the drive will not be available to be selected. I am certain that the motherboard knows the drive is there because it shows up and is selectable in my bios, but seemingly nowhere else.

I took an old hard drive that I had lying around and installed it. It happened to have Windows 7 on it so I was able to get to the recovery/restore options, and yet when I rebooted to try to install a fresh copy of Windows on that drive it once again would not give me the option to do so.

Any ideas as to why that may be so and what I can do? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

I am a little confused. You say you only have one hard drive. You are trying to set that up in RAID?

Back