Windows 7 Turning display setting off after X minutes

SoCal411

Hello all: I just installed Windows 7 with SP 1 last week on my HP Pavilion desktop. I'm trying to have the screen go to black (or screensaver) after, let's say, 15 minutes. I set it and "save changes" but it never goes to black or screensaver. The screen just stays on. I've tried several times in Control Panel/Power Options, both with the balanced option and the high performance option. I've tried it with a screensaver and with no screensaver. I've tried various amounts of minutes and I've looked at possible settings under Control Panel/Personalization. Any ideas why "choose when to turn off the display" won't respond? Thanks.

Hi,
have you checked the advanced settings too?
power.jpg

Check the Task manager and just make sure nothing is running in the background program wise. Also sometimes a wireless mouse with low batteries can cause this issue too, are you running a wireless mouse?

Check the Task manager and just make sure nothing is running in the background program wise. Also sometimes a wireless mouse with low batteries can cause this issue too, are you running a wireless mouse?
Checked the task manager and there is nothing running in the background. Good point about the wireless mouse. I will check that. Thank you for your suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom