Windows 8 TweakGuides Tweaking Companion for Windows 8

The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion for Windows 8 is finally available. It covers all of the features of Windows 8, including how to safely optimize and customize most of them. The book is equally handy for new users of Windows 8, as well as those considering upgrading to it. As before, it is available in a free Regular Edition and the paid Deluxe Edition. These guides are well worth a read and offer some invaluable advice. I cannot recommend reading this enough.

http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html

Just had a quick look through. Its a very well done piece of work! Put that in the stickies and our hobby of helping people will be redundant - lol.

The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion for Windows 8 is finally available. It covers all of the features of Windows 8, including how to safely optimize and customize most of them. The book is equally handy for new users of Windows 8, as well as those considering upgrading to it. As before, it is available in a free Regular Edition and the paid Deluxe Edition. These guides are well worth a read and offer some invaluable advice. I cannot recommend reading this enough.

TweakGuides.com - The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion

Went ahead and purchased ($4.50) the Deluxe Edition and all I can say is WOW. Well worth it. Nice to have a searchable end to end reference at hand.
Thanks Ross.

I have also acquired the Deluxe version. Extremely comprehensive. After a quick look, this appears to be one of the most comprehensive guides available.

For a little less in depth look at tips and tricks the 2 links I supplied are well worth a look.

I've been visiting the Tweakguides site for years and his guides are unparalleled. Well worth the read.

The guide for Windows 8 has been updated!

The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion for Windows 8 has been updated to Version 2.0, incorporating all of the changes resulting from the release of Windows 8.1. I also took the opportunity to add all the new tips and tweaks that have surfaced since the release of Windows 8 last year. The full change list is in the Version History section at the bottom of the main TGTC page. If you find the book useful, please spread the word.

Downloading my copy now and just have to say that it's pretty amazing in this age of money, money, money you can get this guide for free.
Support it.

Today I joined this Windowsforum group and my interest was immediately "tweaked" by the TweakGuides for Windows 8. I was about to purchase the Deluxe edition; but, I realized it's for Windows 8 and I'm in a quandary about waiting for 8.1 which has recently been installed to my new system. I could use some guidance about when an 8.1 version of this guide may come out. If it's shortly, I'd rather wait to purchase. The small investment is not the issue ... it's just that I'd rather have the most up to date resources to rely on, especially as I'm a novice and learning this new product / software. Any guidance on this would be appreciated, and I anticipate / hope a response from the writer / publisher is forthcoming. Thanks in advance (note that I did try to email the writer, but was unsuccessful in retrieving his email / contact info).

"but, I realized it's for Windows 8 and I'm in a quandary about waiting for 8.1 which has recently been installed to my new system."

I don't know if this will help your decision, but this is what the author says:

"TGTC for Windows 8 [Version 2.0]
This is a major revision in terms of a large number of changes, many due to Windows 8.1. Minor changes are not listed below, and include a range of small alterations or improvements to descriptions and advice."

But you might be more interested in this one, produced by MS , in association with partners?
Free ebook: Introducing Windows 8.1 for IT Professionals

Don't be frightened by the title. It is useful reading for the average user, also.
It can be downloaded here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/microsoft_p...oducing-windows-8-1-for-it-professionals.aspx

Last edited:
As David rightly say's, the Tweakguide has been updated to include changes found under 8.1.

It's coming.....
A TweakGuides Tweaking Companion for Windows 10 is not yet available, but may be released in late 2015/early 2016

Back