Unable to Detect SDHC Card on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by kukujiao, May 14, 2009.

1. fjgold

fjgold New Member

Yes they should. I wasn't aware those drivers were that old. I wonder why they work with my Acer with both XP and Win 7 rc and none of you folks. Maybe a completely different SD card reader?

2. gjbnh

gjbnh New Member

An easy fix to this problem is to download Ubuntu Linux,burn the ISO, and boot the disk. It will not make any changes to you hard drives unless you tell it to, as in installing. But your SD Card should show up. Format it from linux. The card should then be OK. This is a free solution, just taking some of your time.
    I find that many times Linux provides tools and solutions to ones windows has problems to.

3. e2zippo

e2zippo New Member

fjgold: probably different reader, thanks though!

gjbnh: or you could download the "xp-mode" from microsoft and run it through there, even easier, cause a lot of people have never touched linux.

4. gjbnh

gjbnh New Member

AHHHHH, no sense of adventure??? But its a good thing to try; if it doesn't work there is always the linux option for the adventurous.

It just occured to me to take it to another computer and try to format. Probably the easiest thing to do, lol; least adventurous.

#24 gjbnh, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  5. fjgold

fjgold New Member

The problem I had in XP and Win 7 was that neither OS saw the card. It did in all the versions of Ubuntu I've got installed as well as PCLinuxOS. The updated drivers fixed the issue in XP and Win 7. Linux rocks.

6. gjbnh

gjbnh New Member

Yeah it does; Like i posted somewhere, there are times when I've used it to fix windows problems when all else failed. Comes in cherry too. :)

7. jimbo45

jimbo45 New Member

Hi all
    A LOT of "Generic" drivers from the TWINHEAD site work -- you need to access the GERMAN site

Twinhead GmbH

Pick a model that looks fairly similar to what you are using

Download drivers
    Off you go

I did this for 2 Philips Freevents computers -- Philips doesn't even RECOGNIZE they made these models but they are light, nice and fast and good value for money. They came with a pre-installed VISTA which was a dog (no install disks) so I "De-Vistaed" these with XP.

Both now running W7 -- Webcam AND built in SDHC reader both work.

Cheers
    jimbo

8. Bhoisyourdaddy

Bhoisyourdaddy New Member

Thank you fjgold - this was the driver I've been hunting high and low for all evening!!!

Win 7 (64bit) on a Lenovo Z61P - have had no luck finding that driver until I found this post.