Windows 7 Unable to Detect SDHC Card on Windows 7

I have the same problem, windows just wants to format my card and when i try that i get "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I tried the drivers you posted fjgold, problem is they aren't that new (Jan 2007), same version is on HP's site (computer is a HP 9420).

Ti should update their drivers! :mad:
Yes they should. I wasn't aware those drivers were that old. I wonder why they work with my Acer with both XP and Win 7 rc and none of you folks. Maybe a completely different SD card reader?

An easy fix to this problem is to download Ubuntu Linux,burn the ISO, and boot the disk. It will not make any changes to you hard drives unless you tell it to, as in installing. But your SD Card should show up. Format it from linux. The card should then be OK. This is a free solution, just taking some of your time.
I find that many times Linux provides tools and solutions to ones windows has problems to.

fjgold: probably different reader, thanks though!

gjbnh: or you could download the "xp-mode" from microsoft and run it through there, even easier, cause a lot of people have never touched linux.

AHHHHH, no sense of adventure??? But its a good thing to try; if it doesn't work there is always the linux option for the adventurous.

It just occured to me to take it to another computer and try to format. Probably the easiest thing to do, lol; least adventurous.

Last edited:
AHHHHH, no sense of adventure??? But its a good thing to try; if it doesn't work there is always the linux option for the adventurous.

It just occured to me to take it to another computer and try to format. Probably the easiest thing to do, lol; least adventurous.
The problem I had in XP and Win 7 was that neither OS saw the card. It did in all the versions of Ubuntu I've got installed as well as PCLinuxOS. The updated drivers fixed the issue in XP and Win 7. Linux rocks.

Yeah it does; Like i posted somewhere, there are times when I've used it to fix windows problems when all else failed. Comes in cherry too. :)

Hi all
A LOT of "Generic" drivers from the TWINHEAD site work -- you need to access the GERMAN site

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Pick a model that looks fairly similar to what you are using

Download drivers
Off you go

I did this for 2 Philips Freevents computers -- Philips doesn't even RECOGNIZE they made these models but they are light, nice and fast and good value for money. They came with a pre-installed VISTA which was a dog (no install disks) so I "De-Vistaed" these with XP.

Both now running W7 -- Webcam AND built in SDHC reader both work.

Cheers
jimbo

Thank you fjgold - this was the driver I've been hunting high and low for all evening!!!

Win 7 (64bit) on a Lenovo Z61P - have had no luck finding that driver until I found this post.

Back
Top Bottom