Windows 7 Unable to do remote desktop connection

Sathya

I have Dell Latitude E6420 which Window 7,IE9. We use F5 Network & Symantec Antivirus in Office.Yesterday I tried to do remote desktop connection of my Off PC. The URL[xxx/itt] i used errors saying " Your device doesnt not comply the client security policies".

Can someone tell me which version of IE,antivirus with F5 support Window 7 to do remote connection?

You can use Microsoft security essentials. this microsofts own.. plus we love the program on this site.... for an easier way to connect pcs you can use a program such as

TightVNC
UltraVNC

ive used them and its more simple than ever

I have Dell Latitude E6420 which Window 7,IE9. We use F5 Network & Symantec Antivirus in Office.Yesterday I tried to do remote desktop connection of my Off PC. The URL[xxx/itt] i used errors saying " Your device doesnt not comply the client security policies".

Can someone tell me which version of IE,antivirus with F5 support Window 7 to do remote connection?
First you might want to take a look at the Remote Settings on the PC that you are trying to attach to using Remote Desktop. (See Attachment)
If that doesn't seem to do the trick then you will have to talk with your network administrator and determine if he is using a TS Gateway or other software or appliance that is governing access using Remote Desktop. There are many policies that can be enforced, requiring a certain AntiVirus Software and version, as well as OS patches, services packs, updates, etc., As well as other restrictions based on software or hardware firewalls.

Please see to the system properties attached.

Attachments

• System Properties.bmp
    821.9 KB · Views: 569
OK, it seems, if I'm understanding correctly you are attempting to Remote into an XP machine from a Windows 7 machine. Is that correct? The error you described in your OP sounds more like an error from a Win7 client rather than from an XP client, so I suspect, that there is something in place as a security buffer, like a TS Gateway which would require a certificate be in place on the client machine(s), or even something like an ISA server that might require you machine or user account be added to a firewall exception for RDP.
If so first make sure that the XP machine has been hotfixed, patched, updated and service packed fully.
Second according to what I am seeing, the XP machine is a domain member, so again, whoever is responsible for managing that domain should be able to tell you what kind of hoops you are required to jump through in order to successfully RDP into one of his domain machines.
If you are thinking that it's an issue with Windows 7 (which would mean that you are able to connect using, say a machine with XP installed), you might be right.....but, only to the extent that the Windows 7 machine hasn't been properly "allowed" with respect to rules and policies that exist on the domain. Or is not configured with the proper software and updates installed to pass those same rules or policies.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom