Windows 10 unable to reset Dual Boot

nolib

Hi,
In the beginning I had XP installed and then Win7 in dual boot.
Dual boot I could not undo and upgraded Win7 to Win10. After a Win10 crash, I couldn't do any repair. I reinstalled Win10 on another partition.
My question is if I can just delete the older versions and just keep working with the newly installed version?
Is there any help?

Solution
Yes, you can safely delete the older Windows installations and continue to work with the newly installed version without any issues. Here is how you can remove the older Windows installations: 1. Delete Windows.old Folder: - When you upgrade or reinstall Windows, the previous installation is stored in a folder named Windows.old. - You can delete this folder to free up space on your hard drive. Just make sure you don't need any data or settings from the old Windows installation. - To delete the Windows.old folder, you can use Disk Cleanup: - Go to "This PC" or "File Explorer." - Right-click on the drive where Windows is installed. - Select "Properties" and then click on "Disk Cleanup." - Click on "Clean up system files" and choose...
Yes, you can safely delete the older Windows installations and continue to work with the newly installed version without any issues. Here is how you can remove the older Windows installations: 1. Delete Windows.old Folder: - When you upgrade or reinstall Windows, the previous installation is stored in a folder named Windows.old. - You can delete this folder to free up space on your hard drive. Just make sure you don't need any data or settings from the old Windows installation. - To delete the Windows.old folder, you can use Disk Cleanup: - Go to "This PC" or "File Explorer." - Right-click on the drive where Windows is installed. - Select "Properties" and then click on "Disk Cleanup." - Click on "Clean up system files" and choose the "Previous Windows Installations" option. - Click OK to confirm the deletion. 2. Boot Configuration Data (BCD): - To remove the dual-boot menu, you can edit the Boot Configuration Data (BCD). - Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands:
Code:
 bcdedit /enum {current} bcdedit /delete {identifier}
- Replace {identifier} with the ID of the older Windows entry. 3. Reclaim Space: - After removing the old Windows installations, you may want to extend the partition of your new Windows installation to utilize the reclaimed space. - You can use Disk Management in Windows to extend the partition after ensuring the required files are backed up. By following these steps, you can safely remove the older Windows installations and continue using the newly installed version without any issues. Remember to back up any important data before proceeding with these deletions.

Solution
Back