Windows 7 Unexpected BSOD results and crash dumps

masisera

Hello everyone,

As of late I have a machine that has had a couple of BSODs in the last couple of months. I have recently had a couple of crash dump files as a result of these. I am uploading it here for those who may wish to review it. However, I cannot specify what the cause of this problem may have been. :)

Attachments

• 030217-7254-01.dmp
    279 KB · Views: 387
  • 030317-6162-01.dmp
    279 KB · Views: 360
  • 040517-7222-01.dmp
    279.7 KB · Views: 369
I may have created this thread in the wrong forum. Please let me know if it can be dump in the right forum, if not I can recreate the threat at the BSOD forum. I noticed that after I created this thread. My apologies.

I may have created this thread in the wrong forum. Please let me know if it can be dump in the right forum, if not I can recreate the threat at the BSOD forum. I noticed that after I created this thread. My apologies.
Hi Masisera,
apologies as I missed your post, checking your dump files now, will post back shortly.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800d14db68, fffff8800d14d3c0, fffff880014ada56}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsRetrieveOtherFileName+24a )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
of the 3 dump files sent, two are like the above which means a problem occurred with the driver that reads and writes to NTFS drives. One however actually blamed a driver outright and looking in your dump file it is very old:
dne64x.sys Tue Nov 11 01:01:24 2008: Citrix Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport or Cisco Systems VPN Client. Please either update or if not used anymore removed.
Citrix

Please run a chkdsk:
How to Fix Hard Drive Problems with Chkdsk in Windows 7, 8, and 10

File scans
Look in the all apps section of the start menu for command prompt, right click on command prompt and choose 'run as admin'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

Please update your drivers. Your system support page has updates pending:
Support for Latitude E7250/7250 | Dell UK

Post any new dump files.

Kemical, thank you much for detailed information I will definitely try what you suggested. Thanks once again.

Your very welcome, any problems or if the issue's continue please post again.

Back