Windows 10 Unexpected Store Exception

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just got the bluescreen with the 'Unexpected Store Exception' error. After my laptop restarted it couldn't find hard disk. The problem was the battery was drained so I just plugged it to charge and then it switched on normally. Another problem is that Windows Update has a problem installing Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3087040) - Error 0x80004005. Solved with - Windows Update error 0x80004005 for KB3087040 :) Do you have any advice about 'Unexpected Store Exception' error?

Last edited:
Hi,
if you run the app found in this thread then post the details we'll take a look at the dump files:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Try running DISM too. Open an admin command prompt. Type or copy and paste:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results which can some minutes so please be patient.

Thank you kemical :) DISM completed successfully. Also, I think BSOD happened because of the Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 (KB3087040). At least I hope. I will post here if it happens again, everything works fine now.

Thanks for updating your thread. Hope all goes well but if not post back.. :)

Hi, I just got the bluescreen with the 'Unexpected Store Exception' error. After my laptop restarted it couldn't find hard disk. The problem was the battery was drained so I just plugged it to charge and then it switched on normally. Another problem is that Windows Update has a problem installing Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3087040) - Error 0x80004005. Solved with - Windows Update error 0x80004005 for KB3087040 :) Do you have any advice about 'Unexpected Store Exception' error?
.... HI, You need to install internet explorer flash player for windows 10 (32 bit). Try uninstalling the other, and you will probably find a difference ( i know this doesn't make much sense, but it's what works!) I have gotten blue screens as well... Also, make sure your power supply and cables are connected properly and tightly. I am still trying to work out all the bugs in this new system. I hope this was somewhat helpful to you.

Hi Pinklady,
Welcome to the forum.. :) I think the op's issue is resolved but I notice you have been getting blue screens too? If you would like the dump files read then please read this thread and post any results (in a new thread)

OK So HI i'm here because i keep getting this error on my laptop..I just got the laptop and i've had it for a month. Nothing that i know of is causing it to crash...but i keep getting this error. I just did dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it told me

Error : 87

Not sure if i typed it in wrong or what.. Please help.

OK So HI i'm here because i keep getting this error on my laptop..I just got the laptop and i've had it for a month. Nothing that i know of is causing it to crash...but i keep getting this error. I just did dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it told me

Error : 87

Not sure if i typed it in wrong or what.. Please help.
Hi,
unfortunately DISM won't work with Win 7 and your best uploading the dump files to a new thread.
This thread will help you collect the data:
As your using Windows 7 post a new thread in the windows 7 bsod section including your dump files:
Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

Hello, I'm getting the same 'unexpected store exception' on my Dell Inspiron 13-7000 series i7 laptop.
Not sure what is going wrong but I attached the W7F diagnostic tool file.

Attachments

• W7F Diagnostic Tool - Zoe.zip
    108.4 KB · Views: 401
You'll want to run the tool, zip the output and upload that. It looks like you just uploaded the tool itself.

Nope! I did it wrong sorry.
I've attached the correct thing now.

Attachments

• W7F_02-08-2016.zip
    3 MB · Views: 502
Looks like the problem is with a graphics driver. I see your on version 10.X and there is a version 15.X for the Intel Graphics 520 chip. I would update that driver.

Hi Zoe;
We're taking a look at your uploaded file now. One of our crash dump experts will take a look at it shortly. In the meantime there are a few things you can do before we start recommending repairs to you.

The first thing is that you SHOULD BACKUP ALL PERSONAL DATA ON YOUR LAPTOP TO EXTERNAL MEDIA IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO ALREADY!!
This is really important as troubleshooting and repair attempts can cause accidental data loss.

I noticed going through your diag files that you are running Kaspersky as your antivirus on that Dell. I have Customers who have had quirky problems using Kaspersky as it does come with Dell, sometimes with a free 1 year subscription. After you get your backup done, we recommend you remove the Kaspersky program at least temporarily from your laptop. You can run the built-in Windows Defender program that comes with W10, it is adequate protection while you are troubleshooting your computer. After removing the Kaspersky AV and enabling Windows Defender; power off your laptop and remove it's battery. Leave it out of the laptop and plug in only your AC adapter to your power outlet and reboot your laptop. Retest for the problem. If your exception error goes way, the problem is the Kaspersky incompatibility issue.o_O You will have to leave it permanently removed from your laptop and continue to use WD or get another AV program such as Norton, Avast, McAfee, TrendMicro. Do not use any not on this list as we've tested them extensively with Dell computers and they all work well. The Free Avast is the only free AV program we recommend. They have a paid version which is comparable to the other big guys (Norton, McAfee, TrendMicro) but a fraction of the cost.;)

The other thing is that it looks like you've only had this laptop for a few months. It appears that you bought it around June 2016 this year. If this is the case, and we are not able to help you solve your problem you should be locating your purchase receipt for that laptop and have it ready so that you can return it to the place of purchase whether a brick-and-mortar retail computer store or an online seller. Dell's are all covered by a 1 year factory warranty. If we find that any hardware has failed, you can return it to your place of purchase for repair/replacement/refund, but typically most dell resellers are constrained to have you contact Dell directly for any kind of in-warranty period repair such as replacing faulty hardware (Mobo, RAM sticks, Hard Drive, display, etc.). Brand new laptops rarely fail this soon, so the next question for you is was this laptop failing with an error message from day-one when you opened the box it came out of? Or did this just start occurring in the last few weeks?

In any case, you'll want to have your paperwork ready; as if we cannot help you fix it, you're looking at 3-8 weeks to send it out to Dell and get it back repaired. And you'll have to pay shipping. Since you are in Australia right? This could take longer as I don't know if Dell has a depot repair center in Australia or not; but a few of our admins live there so they may be able to shed some light. In the US it's about $45-$60 US to return a laptop to Dell fully insured for purchase value amount. Once repaired, they ship back to you at their cost; so you only pay shipping 1-way.

Hopefully, it won't come to having to ship your brand new laptop off to Dell for weeks at a time so give my suggestion a shot with removing the Kaspersky and see if you have any luck there. Post back and let us know the result. If it fails to correct the problem we'll get back to you in a few days with further analysis of your diag files and make some more repair recommendations.:)

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

- I'm backing up everything now

- I can't disconnect the battery because the battery is embedded in the laptop. However, I can remove kaspersky after I've backed up everything.

- I've had the laptop since Feb and I've had the issue the entire time however the error has become more often (7 times in the last 5 weeks).

Neemobeer mentioned something about the graphics card?

Yes your graphics driver is very much out of date and some of the BSODs where video related. You need to update that driver.

Reactions: Zoe
I also experienced the 'unexpected store exception' Bsod message, and i looked at the event viewer which had the message 'The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71'. After looking this up i found that i needed to change my power options from balanced to high performance, now it is back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom