Unity Asset - Kinect v2 with MS-SDK

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Last week I introduced you to the Unity Kinect of Rumen Filkov (aka RF Solutions), Unity Asset - Kinect [v1] with MS-SDK. As I said, here's another of his Unity Assets, today focusing on the Kinect v2.

Kinect v2 with MS-SDK

Kinect v2 with MS-SDK is a set of Kinect v2 examples that uses several major scripts, grouped in one folder. The package contains over ten demo scenes. The avatars-demo demonstrates how to utilize Kinect-controlled avatars in your Unity projects. The gestures-demo shows how to use Kinect gestures in your scenes. The interaction demo presents hand controlled cursors and utilization of the hand grips to drag and drop 3d-objects. The overlay-demos show how to align 3d-objects to the Kinect video stream. The face-tracking demos present Kinect face tracking and HD face models. The speech recognition demo shows how to use Kinect speech recognition to control the player with voice commands. There are many other demo scenes too, like the background removal demo, depth collider demo, multi-scenes demo and fitting-room demo. This package works with Kinect v2 and v1, supports 32- and 64-bit builds and can be used in Unity Pro and Unity Personal editors.

This package is free to schools, universities, students and teachers. If you match this criterion, send me an e-mail to get the Kinect-v2 package directly from me.

Customer support: First, see if you can find the answer you’re looking for on this page, in the comments below the articles or in the Unity forum. If it is not there, you may contact me, but please don’t do it on weekends or holidays. As everybody else, I also need some free time to rest.

How to Run the Example:

Download:
The official release of ‘Kinect v2 with MS-SDK’-package is available at the Unity Asset Store.

Troubleshooting:
* If you get exceptions at the scene start-up, make sure ...

What’s New in Version 2.5:

Videos worth 1000 Words:
Here is a video by Ricardo Salazar, created with Unity5, Kinect v2 and “Kinect v2 with MS-SDK”, v.2.3:

Project Information URL: http://rfilkov.com/2014/08/01/kinect-v2-with-ms-sdk/

Project Download URL: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/18708

Follow @CH9
Follow @Coding4Fun
Follow @KinectWindows
Follow @gduncan411

njs.gif

Continue reading...

Back