Windows 7 Upgrade Coupon

Phantom93

Sorry if this has already been answered.

Some retailers\online stores are offering a 'Free Windows 7 Upgrade Coupon' with purchase of Windows Vista. My question is the exact nature of this coupon, does it mean that you simply for free get a coupon that allows a discount on your purchase of 7 upgrade, or does t mean for free you get a coupon that lets you get windows 7 upgrade for free? I doubt it is the second one as it seems to good to be true, however I was unsure...

You need to check with the company selling the system witht he coupon.....
But as it worked with Vista it works with 7

You purchase a system today, you get a coupon for the free (no cost, maybe pay shipping) upgrade to Windows 7 when it releases to the general public.

Sorry if this has already been answered.

Some retailers\online stores are offering a 'Free Windows 7 Upgrade Coupon' with purchase of Windows Vista. My question is the exact nature of this coupon, does it mean that you simply for free get a coupon that allows a discount on your purchase of 7 upgrade, or does t mean for free you get a coupon that lets you get windows 7 upgrade for free? I doubt it is the second one as it seems to good to be true, however I was unsure...
Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program for Retail Packaged Product

Thank you for being a valued Microsoft customer! As a show of our appreciation for your qualifying purchase of Windows Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate, we would like to offer you an upgrade to Windows 7 when available. Please review the following information regarding the redemption process before continuing:Eligibility & Order Information: If you acquire a qualifying Windows® Vista retail packaged product between June 26, 2009 and January 31, 2010 you are eligible to receive the corresponding Microsoft Windows 7 product upgrade for the cost of shipping and handling ($9.99). Please allow 6-8 weeks (pending inventory availability) for delivery following the Windows 7 release on October 22, 2009.
Required Proofs Of Purchase: You will be required to provide the following proofs of purchase to redeem your upgrade: (1) the 25 character Product Key, including dashes, from your Windows Vista product, located on the inside panel of your product box and (2) a copy of your dated sales receipt that clearly shows the name of the store where you acquired your product.
*This program is valid for boxed product purchases only. If you acquired qualifying Windows Vista software pre-loaded on a new computer, please go here.

After you have provided the requested information below, to validation your purchase, you will be asked to complete the following steps:

1. Please print out two copies of the order receipt page.
  2. Keep one copy for your personal records.
  3. Mail the second copy, along with your dated sales receipt, to the Microsoft Service Center. All mail must be postmarked by March 1, 2010 and received by April 1, 2010.
Your purchase may be subject to terms and conditions for a specific product and/or region in addition to the Terms and Conditions below. Please click here for any additional applicable product and/or region specific terms and conditions.

* = required information

https://om2.one.microsoft.com/opa/V...-ac70-438f-9304-4bd05de66415&LocaleCode=en-us

Basically, if you buy a new desktop or laptop now that runs with Windows Vista, you will be eligible to qualify for an upgrade to a corresponding edition of Windows 7 from Microsoft when its made available for the retail market in October. I hope this helps.

I own an IT consulting company, I am a Microsoft Partner & so is the compnay. I beta tested Windows 7 @ Microsoft's request so maybe my infomation is accurate...

It is my understanding (rightly or wrongly) that this offer no longer exists. It ran from a few months prior to the release of Win7 (Oct. 22, 2009, I think it was) to sometime in early 2010...end of January, if I recall correctly. It was for people who were buying new Vista machines just as 7 was released or about to be & was valid for a little while after its release. I'm quite sure this is now 'old news'.

Regards,
Drew

These discounts were only offered, as Drew mentioned, just a couple of months before Win 7 was officially released (Win 7 RTM) to induce PC purchasers to continue to purchase PC's during this timeframe when Vista was still preloaded and Win 7 was about to come out. These times are chronically bad times for PC manufacturers as everyone "waits" for the new OS rather than purchasing a new PC with the old OS. These discounts are long gone. Sorry!

Hey, as Ted explains... if you really want a coupon for something... wait til Windows 8 is being released as GA & same as what Ted & I describe... you'll be able to buy a Win7 machine & get a coupon to 'upgrade' it to Win8, when Win8 gets released as GA. Since you missed it w/ Vista to Win7... you'll get another change @ this same scenario when we go from Win7 to Windows 8

I know, I know... bad humour, as opposed to the Good Humour Man.

IT doesn't have to be all serious, you know... there's room for levity, occasionally.

Cheers,
Drew

Back