Upgrading through every version of Windows since DOS 5.0

cybercore

timthumb.php

Prepare for a trip down memory lane. YouTuber Andy spends what seems like a whole day upgrading Windows, starting from DOS 5.0 and working his way up until Windows 7. Microsoft truly deserves a hand for making this process possible.

Andy keeps track of several interesting items, such as noting changes between the upgrades, and how well certain things are preserved as you move up the chain of upgrades. He also charts the compatibility of games such as Doom2, Monkey Island, and several legacy apps.

The video is long – 10 minutes – but it definitely is worth it if you want to revisit the 20 years Windows has gone through before becoming a worldwide phenomenon.

Hopefully Andy will be able to add Windows 8 to this video when it is released.

More Upgrading through every version of Windows since DOS 5.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like Andy was really bored that day to upgrade from first to current but good video none the less

Well, I didn't make a video, but I started many long years (30+) ago with DOS 2.0 and I've had just about every major version of Microsofts OS's since then.

Some versions I didn't actually run as my everyday OS, but I've at least familiarized myself with them.
It's been a long and very bumpy road.

:cool:

Cheers Mates!

by da way what is DOS 5.0 ?? :D ufff how could you do this man, just install win 8 and enjoy the new interface

Back