Windows 7 Urget - PC Crashes and skips BSOD

Anh Tran

Lets get to the point to make things easier I done this in bullet points.

1) Pc crashes causing the pc to reboot. When this happens a black screen appears and some flashe rainbow colour goes across the screen.

2) This happens a lot when I play hardcore games and mainly crashes after an hour of streaming.

3) Operating system is Window 7. Crossfire 6850 GPU . AMD Phoenom 2 x6 1045T CPU . (Don't think I need to mention anything else)

4) A dump file will be attach (A few of them)
View attachment Dump.zip

Please help me as soon as possible
If any other information is needed, I will quickly reply with the information.

First of all stop it rebooting automatically - this will give you chance to read the bsod information:

Goto control panel, system, system protection, advanced tab, start-up and recovery, settings.

Remove the check mark against automatically restart.

First of all stop it rebooting automatically - this will give you chance to read the bsod information:

Goto control panel, system, system protection, advanced tab, start-up and recovery, settings.

Remove the check mark against automatically restart.

Okay I have just done this.
Will update you when I stream heavily tonight !
Thanks for a quick response.

Also, make sure you don't have additional apps running and update your video driver from the manufactures website and see if that helps. Not sure if this is the right video card, but go here and check system requirements here and of the game you are playing. AMD Radeon? HD 6850 graphics
If it's over the Internet games and streaming, see if NIC needs to be updated as well.

How much system memory do you have as well.
Also if you right click on Computer - Properties - Advanced tab - and select Settings under Performance, I usually select adjust for best performance and have "use drop shadows for icon labels..." and show thumbnails instead of icons checked. You can also check Use visual styles, but I remove that to increase system performance.

If you wanted to try something as well, when streaming or playing online, disable any anti-virus programs etc or firewalls to see what happens.
Update drivers and see if there is any firmware for your router or hardware components.
You can also check memory stability by following what's suggested below.
tcpip.sys Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen error

Also, make sure you don't have additional apps running and update your video driver from the manufactures website and see if that helps. Not sure if this is the right video card, but go here and check system requirements here and of the game you are playing. AMD Radeon? HD 6850 graphics
If it's over the Internet games and streaming, see if NIC needs to be updated as well.

How much system memory do you have as well.
Also if you right click on Computer - Properties - Advanced tab - and select Settings under Performance, I usually select adjust for best performance and have "use drop shadows for icon labels..." and show thumbnails instead of icons checked. You can also check Use visual styles, but I remove that to increase system performance.

If you wanted to try something as well, when streaming or playing online, disable any anti-virus programs etc or firewalls to see what happens.
Update drivers and see if there is any firmware for your router or hardware components.
You can also check memory stability by following what's suggested below.
tcpip.sys Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen error

I already updated the driver for the GPU yes its the 6850. Updated with 13.2 Beta.
8GB ram 1600mhz but running on 1333mhz atm as i resetted my BIos. My memory unit is new just been 1 month now. Since i upgraded from 4GB has to buy new 2 sticks.

Alright, did you notice issue with the 4GB of memory or prior to updating to Beta 13.2. I usually don't use the beta versions because they are usually unstable. If this was occurring prior to a beta upgrade then it's possible it's something else.

Also, I would always try to make sure you purchase the SAME exact memory with the same exact speeds.

Alright, did you notice issue with the 4GB of memory or prior to updating to Beta 13.2. I usually don't use the beta versions because they are usually unstable. If this was occurring prior to a beta upgrade then it's possible it's something else. Also, I would always try to make sure you purchase the SAME exact memory with the same exact speeds.
I just had a crash yet again. I can confirm this only happens when I stream. Other notes I also did a window fresh install and this crash also happened in the old windows when streaming.The 2 new ram sticks is brought together.

Right click on computer - manage and select Event Viewer and browse through each one. Look through it and see if there is any indication of a failure. Go through each one and give it a bit of time to load. Jot down when the crash occurred and see what comes up. Also, what were you doing and did the computer restart. With bad memory, when browsing through web pages, you would usually get a memory error or access restricted type message. Has there been anything installed that could cause a conflict such as a new program or something.
While there, also check Device manager and make sure there isn't an exclamation mark next to any devices.
Is it possible to rollback your video drive to a stable one.

Crash report. So basically I did put the automatic restart of but still no blue screen maybe I needed a reboot?

Here some information on the windows pop up.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000003452
BCP2: 0000000014A13000
BCP3: FFFFF70001113C78
BCP4: EFE000012351FC46
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\022713-60216-01.dmp
C:\Users\Arcson\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-113771-0.sysdata.xml

View attachment 022713-60216-01.dmp

Just read your post might as well post this , since I wrote it already >.<

Right click on computer - manage and select Event Viewer and browse through each one. Look through it and see if there is any indication of a failure. Go through each one and give it a bit of time to load. Jot down when the crash occurred and see what comes up. Also, what were you doing and did the computer restart. With bad memory, when browsing through web pages, you would usually get a memory error or access restricted type message. Has there been anything installed that could cause a conflict such as a new program or something.
While there, also check Device manager and make sure there isn't an exclamation mark next to any devices.
Is it possible to rollback your video drive to a stable one.

Just checked the Events There is only Critical and no Failures.
Device manager has one which has an exclamation mark Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller.
There shouldn't be any program installed which may conflict anything, I haven't even installed an anti virus software yet.

I just stream and randomly it crashes. =/

There is an error which appears to happen , I think it may be the cause.
Log Name: ApplicationSource: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date: 27/02/2013 17:29:12
Event ID: 10
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Arcson-PC
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

There is an error which appears to happen , I think it may be the cause.
go here to fix that WMI problem. I had seen this problem.
Run this vbs script. Copy the info as stated and save into notepad and name document with a .vbs extension.

I would recommend downloading an antivirus application immediately and run a full scan after updating for definitions. I go to download.com and use AVG or you can use Microsoft's essentials program. Run a virus scan to verify its some what clean.
Also you can download spybot search & destroy from Safer-Networking, malwarebytes as well and make sure your computer is clean.

Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

Oh, don't worry about that, I'm happy when problems get solved no matter who solves it. I would like to reiterate, scan your machine for Malware. If you've done so already then great, but something could've manipulated the system, virus, rootkit etc.

My next suggestion is to go to start and right click on Command prompt and Run as administrator. Type sfc /scannow and let it do its thing.
To see what other options you have, just type sfc /?

Last edited:
Back