Windows 10 usb controller driver on surface pro 3

rgb2002

i have been trying to resolve an issue with a usb driver for a gps device i have. Someone suggested uninstalling the usb controller drivers and letting windows install them for fresh. This indeed happened but since that point my computer (surface pro 3) would not connect properly to the type cover (keyboard). It complains that the drivers for the keyboard are not installed properly even when i reinstall them. It also complains that the bluetooth device drivers are not working properly. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Hi and welcome to the forum :up:

With Windows10 you have a couple of things to try that may help. I haven't done much with surface pros, but they work like tablets and laptops. I suggest you attempt to "rollback" your windows to a point in time before you hooked up your GPS device to the tablet. You can use the built-in System Restore utility to do this. It's also a good idea to backup any Personal Data on your tablet to external media before this just in case you run into a problem with your tablet booting after the Restore. If the Restore works, all should be good! :up:

If the problem persists after the Restore, you can try a Windows in-place upgrade, which attempts to repair damaged windows system files and any corrupted device drivers, but you have the option of keeping all your files and programs installed and the repair leaves those intact. This is another good way to go; and our forum users have had much success with this repair. If it works, all should be fixed! :up:

Best of luck to you and thanks for posting in our forum!

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :encouragement:

Hi and welcome to the forum :up:

With Windows10 you have a couple of things to try that may help. I haven't done much with surface pros, but they work like tablets and laptops. I suggest you attempt to "rollback" your windows to a point in time before you hooked up your GPS device to the tablet. You can use the built-in System Restore utility to do this. It's also a good idea to backup any Personal Data on your tablet to external media before this just in case you run into a problem with your tablet booting after the Restore. If the Restore works, all should be good! :up:

If the problem persists after the Restore, you can try a Windows in-place upgrade, which attempts to repair damaged windows system files and any corrupted device drivers, but you have the option of keeping all your files and programs installed and the repair leaves those intact. This is another good way to go; and our forum users have had much success with this repair. If it works, all should be fixed! :up:

Best of luck to you and thanks for posting in our forum!

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :encouragement:
Thanks for the prompt and helpful response. I did the rollback and it worked like charm.

Great! :) Glad you got it fixed.:up: And thanks for posting back and sharing your final result with us.

Cheers!
BBJ

Back