Windows 7 usb flash: has stopped to be read

tommacro

friend of mine own an older ibm notebook. running on win7 pro. the situation came to keeps me wodering how to solve it. I went through several online discussions and as it seemed it was not difficult find a same issue. its very usual problem as it seems! i got tried all provided tips to get it solve- all failed.

all the sudden usb reader functioning, can recharge my phone by using usb cable but to read usb flash stick, which can read before, cannot!

recently new windows update started. but never got finished by screen during starting ntb. to prevent get my friend anoyed, i blocked it, but usb flash doesnt work. i tried all drivers uninstall and let it install by windows,then and alado not get solved!

please any idea? thx

Your windows could have some corruption. Find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and choose 'run as admin'. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Once the scanner has finished try running windows update again but check which update it's downloading. Some updates like Service pack 1, depending on the system, will need other updates for it to complete. If the updates still fail to install correctly then please post which updates they are and we may be able to help further.

Once we've sorted out the updates we can then move on to the USB if it's still failing to work.

i ran system scan and it could not find any fails or problems. but usb sticks stil cannot be readable...

i installed update but quite lots things did not finished:

- safety update fof win7 kb2871997
-cxt network
- win tool for removi bg hatemful programs
-nvidia graphic adapter
-lenovo other hardware
-analog device audio max

it has to do something with usb? it must. whole things started by failing this stupid update from win7

thx

once i restarted pc it went thru installing downloaded things but not sucesfuly. it said then ,,turning all changes back,,

What does the device manager say? Is there any yellow question marks?

Have you checked for malware? Try running Malwarebytes:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Are you sure the USB stick still works? Have you tried it in different usb ports or in a different machine?

Have you tried updating the USB drivers on the laptop?

Sorry couldn't read the language used. Did the machine pass the upgrade advisor test?

click big yellow button. write down 4digits into bar and click again yellow button undey it. it went ok. found some faults

Which report though? I downloaded three and they were Everest reports not the windows 7 upgrade advisor.

Back
Top Bottom