Windows 7 USB keyboard and mouse non Functioning after booting in windows 7 64bit

Explosean

I have tried repeatedly to get my USB keyboard and mouse to function after booting into windows 7 64 bit.
I also have one ps/2 keyboard Port .There is USB mouse attached to that via USB - ps/2 adapter ( do not yet have a ps/2 keyboard)
There is no ps/2 mouse port on the motherboard.
My keyboards and mouse work fine in bios and legacy usb is enabled.
The motherboard is an asus striker 2 extreme and in addition i have a
striped Hd on which there is some data i dont have backed up and need to access.
Thanks for any insight

have you usb devices ever worked before or any keboard?

if they have then reset your bios

have you usb devices ever worked before or any keboard?

if they have then reset your bios

I have never had any trouble before from my usb drivers.
the current install is about 6 months old and up until a few days ago everything was fine.
I also get no joy when booting into safe mode .
I guess i will jump my bios and see where the dice fall.

I also have one ps/2 keyboard Port .There is USB mouse attached to that via USB - ps/2 adapter
Did you mean to say you had a mouse connected to a keyboard port?

I would not plug a mouse into a keyboard port.

Since it did work, then it follows something must have changed or something broke.

Do you have any devices plugged into the USB ports, especially something recently? Have you checked the motherboard connections for the midboard USB connections? Do you know if Windows installed a driver update? Do all the ports behave the same? Could either your mouse or Keyboard be causing the problem or one of their drivers?

If you have not done so, you might use Device Manager to remove all instances of the USB drivers and let windows reinstall. Or you might check the ASUS site for a chipset driver update. Have you checked for a bios update for your board. This would not seem necessary since they were already working, but another change might cause a problem.

Since the USB works during boot, it would make sense the USB controller is still working, at least at some level. You might try loading a live version of Linux and see if the system works normally with it.

If you can't get into safe mode, that might seem to indicate the failure of a primary driver, device or service. Perhaps booting into the WinRE would allow for you to try a startup repair or a System File Check.

I have not heard of a virus that would keep the USB ports from running, but you might look for an anti-virus that can be booted to check. Microsoft just came out with a beta of MSE called System Sweeper.

Back