Windows 8 User Profile Service Service Failed the Sign-in.

Alfred Honey

Computer fails to log-in, get the following message: The User Profile Service failed to the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded. Have tried to boot to Safe Mode by pressing F8 repeatedly but cant get to the option. A.D.H.

This (combined with the other thread symptoms) almost sounds like one of those really weird problems that occurs when the original OS was not really working well when the upgrade was attempted. I would either restore your original Win 8 (you did make an Image as has been suggested in many threads and forums didn't you) or reinstall Win 8 using a Clean Install so that the Win 8 installation is pristine, Install all the required updates from WU, then try to install the Win 8.1 Upgrade once again.

This (combined with the other thread symptoms) almost sounds like one of those really weird problems that occurs when the original OS was not really working well when the upgrade was attempted. I would either restore your original Win 8 (you did make an Image as has been suggested in many threads and forums didn't you) or reinstall Win 8 using a Clean Install so that the Win 8 installation is pristine, Install all the required updates from WU, then try to install the Win 8.1 Upgrade once again.

Was working fine except for this problem which occurred after I had run a scan with Malwarebytes and went to restart. Had a backup and have now restored to Win 8. Wi install Win 8.1 again thanks for the help. A.D.H.

Back