Windows 7 username/password text boxes keep clearing after hitting enter to authenticate...

hags

When accessing a proboard forum, I cannot login now that I have win 7 and IE 8... I type in my name/passwd and hit enter, the fields just get cleared and nothing happens... I have tried this with both IE8 and Chrome... Again, this didn't happen until I got win 7... any help is appreciated...

Solution
It seems like you are encountering a login issue with a ProBoards forum after upgrading to Windows 7 and using Internet Explorer 8. This could be due to compatibility issues with the older browser version and the forum's platform. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the login problem:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies:
- Sometimes, login issues can be resolved by clearing the browser cache and cookies. Here's how to do it:
- For Internet Explorer 8:
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right corner > Internet Options > General tab.
- Under Browsing history, click on Delete.
- Check Temporary Internet files and website files, Cookies and website...
It seems like you are encountering a login issue with a ProBoards forum after upgrading to Windows 7 and using Internet Explorer 8. This could be due to compatibility issues with the older browser version and the forum's platform. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the login problem:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies:
- Sometimes, login issues can be resolved by clearing the browser cache and cookies. Here's how to do it:
- For Internet Explorer 8:
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right corner > Internet Options > General tab.
- Under Browsing history, click on Delete.
- Check Temporary Internet files and website files, Cookies and website data, and History checkboxes.
- Click Delete.
- For Google Chrome:
- Click on the three dots in the top-right corner > More tools > Clear browsing data.
- Select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
2. Compatibility Mode:
- Try enabling Compatibility View in Internet Explorer to see if that helps with the login process. You can enable it by clicking on the broken page icon in the address bar.
3. Update Browser:
- Internet Explorer 8 is quite outdated. Consider updating to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use a different modern browser like Google Chrome or Firefox.
4. Security Settings:
- Check if your browser's security settings are blocking the login process. Lower the security settings temporarily to see if that allows you to log in.
5. Try Incognito/Private Browsing:
- Try logging in using a private or incognito browsing window to see if any browser extensions or settings are causing the issue.
6. Contact Forum Support:
- If none of the above steps work, reach out to the forum's support team for assistance. They may be able to provide specific guidance for logging in with older browser versions.
### Update Recommendation:
Considering Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported by Microsoft and poses security risks, it's highly recommended to upgrade to a more modern and secure browser like Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge for a better and safer browsing experience.
Give these steps a try and let me know if you encounter any further issues!

Solution
Back