Windows 7 Users cannot see Drive in Windows 7

GIAHughes

I have installed Windows 7 (the trial version)
As a users I can see all the drives Ok, but when other users log on (they are set up as administrators) they cannot see 1 of the drives (the G drive)
I have shared the drive, then the other users can see the drive as part of the network, but not as part of the computer
I have cjecked the security and allowed all all permissions, but still no joy
Anybody got any suggestions

As a users I can see all the drives Ok, but when other users log on (they are set up as administrators) they cannot see 1 of the drives (the G drive)
I have shared the drive, then the other users can see the drive as part of the network, but not as part of the computer
Checked Security as in checked your firewall?
If not, you might have to add an exception to the firewall of the pc that is trying to connect.
Try adding the mac address of the PC trying to connect, in the firewall and Allow that mac address.

I think the way that your question is setup is confusing me, but I will tell you what I'm getting out of this.

You, and the other users in your home, are all using the same computer, but logging on separately, right? (Meaning one of you will log in, log off and get out of the chair so someone else can sit down at the same spot and log in at that computer).

When you are logged on your account, as an administrator, Drive G:\ is visible. But when you log off, another user logs on also as an administrator, but they cannot see Drive G:\ ?

If you are all administrators, security permissions won't matter because you'll all have access to the same resources, shared or not.

So, if the above was a mistake on my part, please explain. Are you guys all using seperate computers trying to access G:\ on yours?

is drive G: a harddrive, BRD/DVD drive, memcard reader? what kind of drive is it?

Windows 7 has a option to hide its drive (DVD, etc) when nothing is loaded..

:)

Back