Windows 10 Using USB for win10 repair.

So it doesn't look like it comes with an ISO, you need to copy the content of an ISO into the techbench folder

I did what you said here
You can manually create a bootable usb installer.
  • Plug in your target USB drive
  • Open an elevated command prompt
  • Type diskpart
  • Type list disk and make note of the # for your usb
  • Type select disk #
  • Type clean
  • Type format fs=ntfs quick
  • Type create part primary
  • Type select part 1
  • Type active
  • Type exit
  • Now mount the ISO and copy everything to the USB
  • It should now be bootable

but now I got a stick that's not usable. For some reason I can't format it either. I went to go try to create the usb with the provided readme in the techbench folder but i can't use it atm. I'm also not sure what it means by "upgrade program script"

This is the provided instructions
  • Download the Windows 10 ISO file that matches the architecture and base language of Windows that you wish to use for installation. Retailers will want to download at minimum a 32bit and 64-bit Windows 10 ISO. Download the Upgrade Program Script ISO file that matches the language of the Windows 10 ISO file you will be using. Once you have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file onto a Windows 8.x or Windows 10 computer, you can right click and mount the ISO as a drive that can then be opened. Copy the entire contents of that ISO direct to a blank USB stick. If you are running Windows 7, you will need a 3rd party App in order to mount the ISO file to perform this copy step. Next mount the Upgrade Program Script ISO. This ISO file will need to be mounted and the files extracted to the root of the USB drive. The following sections will walk you through the steps to integrate the Tech Bench scripts and utility with the ISO file on the USB. It’s important that the structure on the USB key is laid out in a specific way, so that the scripts will know where to find the files for setup and upgrade.

The upgrade program script is the .cmd file. If you put the content of the ISO in the techbench folder and right click the script and runa as administrator. That should automate the process.

Back