Windows 8 Very Disappointed with Windows 8.1

nehoma

Honorable Member
HI I just want to say how disappointed I was with Windows 8.1. after a few weeks I. have removed it and gone back to windows 7.
One thing I noticed after using cloud and getting a Microsoft account, the amount of junk email that I got almost trebled over night and even having gone back to 7 it still continues. Also I got a lot of programs which uninvited installed themselves after installing apps.
Windows 8.1 booted up a bit faster but was not nice, not friendly and as you can see from my table below I am doing very well with win.7

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 7.8
Determined by lowest subscore
Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB 7.9
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 7.9
Gaming graphics 20067 MB Total available graphics memory 7.9
Primary hard disk 275GB Free (477GB Total) 7.9
Windows 7 Ultimate

With the new release of windows 8, MS took that score thing out of it.....it was useless as far as I'm concerned.

I would really re-install 8.1 just for the shear speed/security and light footprint it has. You can always use Classic Shell or Start8 to give it the look and feel of windows 7, which is what a lot of users do. I use Start8 on my laptop and on my desktop I use strictly the start screen (metro).

8.1 is certainly something you have to get used to. But it has some nice features. The junk that installed on your system is probably from the downloads, not from Windows. Some download sites are famous for attaching all kinds of junk which sometimes is difficult to uninstall. The System Tools of Superantispyware are sometimes usefule for uninstalling stuuborn junk.

2014-04-22_1725.png

1. Windows 8.1 is faster (cpu) and uses less ram than windows 7 to chug along.

2. You get a free server called hyper-v that has all the virtualising functions of server 2012r2.

3. It is ip6 by design instead of just tacking it in as an afterthought… ip4 was ok when the average company had maybe 5 computers all talking to each other but todays networks can have millions i.e. the future is ip6.

4. Windows 7 ends in 2020.

If you still like 7 then use it and more power to you but please don’t try to convince me that 7 can outperform 8.1.

Windows 8.1 has nothing to do with your junk mail. I am running 8.1 and also have a second computer with Windows 7 Professional. I make use of all of my 32 gigs on 8.1 but with Windows 7 It will let me use 16 gigs. Another words I have an extra 16 gigs that can't be used in windows 7.

8.1 as ussnorway said out performs 7.

Back
Top Bottom