Windows XP Videos in fullscreen getting dark (backlight) in dark scenes

BobDobalina

Hello,
once again I have a question. This time it is about my computer in my sleeproom, that I use often for watchign series oder movies when in bed. This computer is running Windows XP and has a weird phenomena: While I watch movies/series/videos in a browser (fullscreen) and the scenes are getting dark, the whole screen seems to reduce the backlight and everythign is getting even dark. That is pretty annoying, since dark+dark makes it har dto see anythign then. I first thought it is a thing of the Monitor, but it is not. dynamic contrast is not on and I tried followig thing. I checked a video, that has a dark scene and which makes the reduce of the backlight in fullscreen. Then I downloaded this video and tried with Media Player Classic. The result was, that in Media Player Classic in fullscreen, this backlight reduce didn't happen. Then I thought it could be flash. However I tried a videoplayer in browser, to switch from Flash to HTML5, but it keeps the same issue.

Does anyone knows, where the problem could be located, so I could stop this stupid function from doing this?

Back