Windows 8 Virus Files Not Deleting

Nimit

Honorable Member
Virus is not deleting in the ProgramData
However i am protected from Anti-Virus
When i tried to delete Virus Folder
It says 'This folder cant' delete or another program is using the file' like this getting and option of 'Try Again' how to delete?

I guess you might be talking about the folder to which your antivirus system transfers any files which it has found as suspect and has stored in a protected folder. If that is the case then the files held in the folder would normally be removed using your antivirus contral panel. If you need further help you should tell us which antivrus system you are using.

Using TrendMicro And Windows Defender.
Both Anti-Virus are removed the trojan virus but the folder and the files inside the folder is still there.

Yes they are stored there in case you find some files shouldn't be there, antivirus systems usuall refer to the folder as a vault or quarantine. If you run windows defender and select the history tab you will see a label "quarantined items". Select that and click on the "view details" button towards the bottom. This will show all items in quarantine. You may then select "remove all" or just "remove" to delete selected items. But do make sure you want to remove them before doing so.

Back
Top Bottom