Windows Vista Vista not reading disc burnt on mac using Toast

man_of_steel

Hi all.

Encountered a problem on my laptop using Vista Home Premium, and registered here specially hoping to find a solution.

I use Apple Macs at work and have built up quite a collection of itunes music.

I decided to burn all my mp3, in all their respective album folders onto a DVD+RW to transfer them to itunes on my PC laptop.

It was burned as a simple data disc, not mp3 or audio, and my intention was to just drag the files and folders off the disc in the windows explorer into the default music folder in Vista.

But after inserting the disc and navigating through 'my computer' and locating the disc through Windows Explorer it say no files on disc.

They are clearly viewable on the Mac using OSX V10.4.10, so the disc has definitely been burnt successfully and verified. And they are viewable on my girlfriend's laptop, that she runs XP on.

I just can't see the files in Vista.

Kind Regards

Richard.

and you won't read those in vista.
vista uses an all different code language, and i don't know of any audio converters out yet that might do the job.
google around , and see if a trial program is available

and you won't read those in vista.
vista uses an all different code language, and i don't know of any audio converters out yet that might do the job.
google around , and see if a trial program is available

Really?

how come I can read files that I take off my Mac and put onto a USB memory stick, yet I can't read CD's or DVD's with similar files, burnt on a Mac? I thought there'd be a relatively small amount of compatibility between Mac and a PC running Vista.

So there's no way of transferring my music library in itunes on my Mac to itunes on my Vista'd Laptop?

i burned some videos on my vista home premium, xp won't read them.
my wife says you need to try burning those i-tunes in mp3 format. should play anywhere.
a simple data disk won't cut it.
i bought her a toshiba 17'' last week, it has a dual layer dvd burner in 10 diff formats.
she hasn't tried any yet.

I have a similar problem, except I backed up my computer using VISTA to discs and when I tried putting my files back on VISTA it will not read them. I know the files are on the disc because my other computer with XP reads the disc just fine, but VISTA thinks it's a blank disc??????

hi everybody.Sorry to be so late.I just now came up with the same problem.I data burned some things on my old MS-98.The disc works perfect on my MAC,but my friend`s VISTA will not recognize the disc at all,plus,it will not recognize a magellan manual disc.Thanks.

Re: Vista not reading disc burnt on xp using nero

i have exactly the same problem i moved house and i cannot use data discs to transfer data from my mothers xp pc to my vista pc - my solution is a flash drive - it works ok that way - i got a 4gb one for £30 (made by freecom incase you were wondering)

try that - it should work

Back