Windows 7 Vista or IE8 ?

born2golf

Since installing IE8 I keep getting DEP message.

Don't no if they are related but in DEP both on and off buttons are greyed out so I can't make any selection. Have copied and pasted both bcdedit.exe on and off then rebooted with same results.

With GeForce 8500GT when I go to NVIDIA Properties the Info tab shows No AGEIA PhysX processor installed, Demo is blank where there should be icons for diagnostic tests and Settings shows button on for no accleration and the other 2 buttons are greyed out and won't allow me to select either one.
My system is clean and is running good just trying to rid the DEP from showing up so often.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I did some googling about DEP and founs a few links that may help:

Internet Explorer 8 Readiness Toolkit

Link Removed - Invalid URL

As for the PhysX, If I remember back when I ran a 8800 card, mine would say no Ageia processor present too. This, if you think about, it is true although the 8 series chips are capable of using PhysX. If the demo's are greyed out or don't work then I'd completely un-install the drivers and then re-install using the latest version. As your aware, PhysX driver is included in the card driver.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

As for the PhysX, If I remember back when I ran a 8800 card, mine would say no Ageia processor present too. This, if you think about, it is true although the 8 series chips are capable of using PhysX. If the demo's are greyed out or don't work then I'd completely un-install the drivers and then re-install using the latest version. As your aware, PhysX driver is included in the card driver.[/QUOTE

I get a DEP problem when I try to burn to disc. The movie passes security checks but DEP won't let me transfer files. To tired to figure this one out now, maybe later!! I have 3 movies "son of a gun" that are going to burn before I re-install anything on this computer! I didn't spend all that time downloading for nothing.....I think Acronis screwed up my program with their installation removal..

Disabling Data Execution Prevention (DEP)*-*Vista

As for the PhysX, If I remember back when I ran a 8800 card, mine would say no Ageia processor present too. This, if you think about, it is true although the 8 series chips are capable of using PhysX. If the demo's are greyed out or don't work then I'd completely un-install the drivers and then re-install using the latest version. As your aware, PhysX driver is included in the card driver.
When I went into NVidia for updates on drivers the only one I got incorporated Win7 data. I am not a gamer so having PhysX demo's are not on a high priority list of mine therefore I didn't download anything.

kemical....In your response about nvidia and physX. I uninstalled both and rebooted and Nvidia reloaded fine where icon opens and allows me to make changes if needed. PhysX did not, no icon, and I am wondering do I need this download. My system is running clean and great but am curious if I have missed something by not having PhysX?

Hi Born',
I think it's automatically installed with the driver but to make sure you could always install the seperate PhysX driver which does contain the demo's ect..
As you say though, your not into gaming and to be honest it's not really needed unless your playing games. Your system can perfectly well (as you've already stated) without it and I shouldn't worry about it... :)

Hi Born',
I think it's automatically installed with the driver but to make sure you could always install the seperate PhysX driver which does contain the demo's ect..
As you say though, your not into gaming and to be honest it's not really needed unless your playing games. Your system can perfectly well (as you've already stated) without it and I shouldn't worry about it... :)

It wasn't installed autopmatically with the driver but you can bury this thread as a Resolved Issue and have a great week-end.

Back
Top Bottom