Windows 8 Which do you like better? Windows Vista or Windows 8/8.1?

KyleTheChoux

Honorable Member
Okay so people hate Windows Vista and Windows 8. But I want to know which is actually better. Windows 8 and 8.1 is hated because of the Start Screen. But people hate Windows Vista because it was totally unstable and It was full of bugs. It also had some compatibility issues.

Vista was stable on OEM systems and very stable with the release SP1. With 8/8.1, you can use a 3rd party software like Classic Shell or Start8 to give you the feel of windows 7 but with all the advantages of windows 8/8.1.

This is all old news and people or going to like what they like no matter what, which is why you have all the XP users still out there.

Vista was stable on OEM systems and very stable with the release SP1. With 8/8.1, you can use a 3rd party software like Classic Shell or Start8 to give you the feel of windows 7 but with all the advantages of windows 8/8.1.

This is all old news and people or going to like what they like no matter what, which is why you have all the XP users still out there.
Thanks for the correction

The main bitch xp users had with vista was that it was slow... fair enough but Microsoft then put out a patch for xp that slowed it down so that vista could keep up with it on a network.

Vista is still noticeably slower on modern hardware, I'm gonna have to go with Windows 8/8.1, if I had to choose between Vista and 8/8.1 8.1 would definitely without any reasonable doubt be my choice, it's fast, and I actually don't mind the UI, plus the ability to use Metro apps...

Sorry but I'd still rather have win7. Win8 is too fragile. Just try losing power to a win8 machine a time or two and see what happens.

I agree with ussnorway, some computers are specifically designed to handle that... Others... Not so much, the OS really doesn't make much of a difference in that scenario.

Back