Windows 7 Vista wont let windows 7 write its own files

Avala

Ok so paid the full amount for home premium clean install of windows 7.

I downloaded the three parts when i try to run them i get an "uploading the box" message when that finishes i get an error message saying that

" We are unable to create or save new files in the folder in which this application was downloaded. Please check the folder properties to make sure that you have security permission on the folder to write files and that the folder is not read only>"

I have tried everything to change the folder from read only changed the security permission whenever i uncheck the read only box and apply it just resets back to read only. tried moving the programs onto different hard drives, tried changing things in the hkey but no luck what so ever.

PLEASEEEE!!! anyone have any idea how to get stupid Vista to let me install W 7

Please help

There are many threads here about your problem. Also check the tutorials, but some say even though the error message, the extraction does complete. You might try turning off any anti-virus software.

If you bought the full version of Win 7, you will probably want to make a bootable DVD, which is one of the tutorials. Are they sending you a DVD?

If you can't get it to work, try downloading again.

hiya

thanks alot for that,

i had only quickly looked to see if anyone else was having the same problem. I have a dvd on its way for me as well

i am downloading it again.

Many thanks again for the quick reply

If you do the install from the downloaded files and not from a bootable DVD, at least move them to another partition, or even copy them to a normal DVD and run it from within Vista. If you don't want to upgrade from Vista, which most folks don't suggest, you will be doing a custom install. I believe that will remove Vista from your system, except for the old files carried over for archive purposes, and install a fresh OS. If you want more, on the lower right of the partitions screen is a Disk Options button for doing other things.

This all is based on you not having an Upgrade version of Windows 7. If you do, I would not recommend using the Disk Options.

Back