Windows 10 Visual Studio Broken.

Vetral32

So one time I was trying to install Visual Studio 2015. (I know 2017 exists but it wouldn't work and I didn't want to take the extra offline steps) Turns out that it got stuck and I had to close it with Task Manager. Now for some reason, everytime I start up my computer. Visual Studio 2015 Installer opens. It's still stuck though and I can't get it to stop. Can someone please help? If you can, thanks!

Hi,
Did you remember to temporarily disable your AV program prior to installing the Visual Studio? If not, your AV program quite likely blocked necessary entries into the Windows registry such as keys, values, and strings that may have been perceived as potential threats by your AV program and thus not allowing the Program to run correctly. This is a very basic rule of computer usage and dates back to about 2003 or so.

If you did remember to disable your AV prior to installing the program and it's still giving issues, make sure to backup all your personal data on that computer to external media FIRST before attempting further repairs to avoid any irretrievable data loss!!! and consider using the built-in SYSTEM RESTORE program to "rollback" your W10 to a point in time prior to when you installed your Visual Studio program, such as a few weeks or a few months ago when your computer was working Ok with everything else. This will often provide a fix even when repair programs from the manufacturer don't work or you have removed viruses and damage to Windows has kept things from working properly. :up:

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Weird enough, after doing a system restore, it failed. Then the Visual Studio 2015 Installer opened again but actually installed successfully... WHAT?
upload_2017-4-23_14-18-31.png

So, it's working now? That's Great if so.:up: Sometimes, even if you get a failed Message from System Restore after a restore, it will make changes to Windows files and things like programs will work properly if it was borked prior to the Restore. :andwhat:

Cheers!:teeth:
<<<BBJ>>>

Back
Top Bottom