VMware Workstation Pro - USB PROBLEM "Unknown Error"

JAMES15

Which version of workstation? Did you look in the event viewer for a more detailed error message?

Again did you look at the event log? There will typically be more detailed error messages there.

Again did you look at the event log? There will typically be more detailed error messages there.
I see one repeating itself And I dont know if it has to do with the problem ... Event 10016 : The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

I see one repeating itself And I dont know if it has to do with the problem ... Event 10016 : The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

This is a common problem. I have had experience using VMware Workstation Pro v15, and I have also encountered several similar issues. I don't remember seeing an "Unknown Error" related to USB, but maybe it's just a bug in your version v15.0.2.10952284. They often allow this in their releases, and all I can advise you is to try reinstalling your VMware Workstation Pro. I've been using VMware for a long time now with a much better app volumes documentation that doesn't have such primitive problems. This is unlikely, but it is also possible that you have outdated USB drivers, so I would check for updates for them if nothing helps.

Last edited:
Back