volume mixer issue on 7

Hello, this has started a few days ago. I was using my vlc player to view a movie and i noticed that the volume on the player wouldn't go past 200 (max volume is 400). So i opened the volume mixer and there is device (speakers) and applications (system sounds) and then the player. There is a bar that makes it impossible for me to set my volume. This was never here before? Could it be a virus, or malfunctions? If anyone knows how to get rid of this annoying occurance please let me know. I have been trying all types of solutions from various places. If it cannot be resolved, i will just get a mac. Ive been throughly irritated. Thanks in advance!!

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hi,

I sometimes use VLC but couldn't think of the settings you mention:

Could you take a screenshot and post?

davidhk129

Hello, this has started a few days ago. I was using my vlc player to view a movie and i noticed that the volume on the player wouldn't go past 200 (max volume is 400). So i opened the volume mixer and there is device (speakers) and applications (system sounds) and then the player. There is a bar that makes it impossible for me to set my volume. This was never here before? Could it be a virus, or malfunctions? If anyone knows how to get rid of this annoying occurance please let me know. I have been trying all types of solutions from various places. If it cannot be resolved, i will just get a mac. Ive been throughly irritated. Thanks in advance!!

Can you remember a day or date BEFORE this problem arose?
If yes, do a system restore, pick a date before you have this problem as your restore point.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

davidhk129

Hi,

I sometimes use VLC but couldn't think of the settings you mention:

Could you take a screenshot and post?

He meant this volume mixer......

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
I know... :) Never seen the number 200 in there so figured it must be something to do with vlc and perhaps the settings found therein

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.